Friday 29 March 2013

DIY Design Diary

"Do It Yourself" Design!
~ something we've all done from time to time ~

If you're like me there are times when you just wing it and your concept works. There are times that winging it is not an option since the process involves some complex manoeuvres that a checklist or step by step plan are necessary for a successful outcome. 

I'm an artist and designer who enjoys reclaiming and re-purposing to reCREATE cool artwork, functional furnishings, decor accessories and innovative installations. I am always reading, watching and following what's happening around me in the DIY world, and I have to say it is truly inspiring and amazing what people are doing by thinking creatively green. 

Here are a few cool books that really speak to the "Do It Yourself" spirit of Designing and Creating. If you get a chance check them out. 

Filled with some awesome inspiring ideas here are a few of my favourites:


One
Design Sponge at Home

Two
ReadyMade

Three
Young House Love

Four
Hand Made Modern

 Five
ReMake It!

Six
Made By Hand

Seven
The Handbuilt Home

" The design world is your oyster ~ so start shucking!"
DeeBeeCool

No comments:

Post a Comment