Thursday 18 April 2013

"Heads Up"

When designing a bedroom the "Headboard" 
can be a significant focal point. 


There are some beautiful bed frames out there. Styles can be Contemporary, Vintage or Antique. Materials can range from brass to solid wood 
to man-made materials.  



I'm in the process of styling a bedroom 
with a green focus 
~ and I don't mean colour ~ 
I mean mindset!
Part of my design style is working from the notion of ~ reclaiming, re-purposing and reCREATing ~
  
With this recent project I have not quite decided what the final result will look like; however, when I present a vision board to my client my creative direction needs to be established.  It's important to let the client into your creative world; let them get a feel of what you are thinking ~ after all it is their space! Here are a few ideas that other artisans have created. "Heads Up"...

 1. "The Door as Headboard"







2. "Tin Ceiling Tiles as Headboard"



3. "The Pallet as Headboard"



4. "Novelty as Headboard"


I'll keep you posted on what happens next!
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment